We go through the day, each day, seeing many things. Some stimulate us but most do not as they are lost in our busy lives. With my images I am trying to get you, the viewer, to experience some kind of emotion or feeling through them. Just for a moment I want you to get lost and actually be in the photograph rather then viewing it from an emotional distance.

I realize that this occurs only rarely, however I feel it is worth it....

Each image reflects how I see and view the world that we occupy. I hope you enjoy them!

Monday, October 17, 2011



The Mighty Saguaro


The tall, columnar shape of the saguaro cactus is very familiar to those who live in and around Phoenix.  But very rarely will a saguaro will grow with a fan-shaped crest growth at the tip. These are called "crested" saguaros and they occur in only about 1 in 10,000 plants, and thus few folks have seen one in it's natural state.  Botanists have not yet fully explained why this mutation occurs; perhaps it is caused by frost damage, although many other explanations have been offered. Whatever the cause, I find the swirling shapes strangely beautiful. I first discovered this one when it only had a 6" bud being formed and over the last 14 - 15 years it has enlarged to it's current shape.  I'll keep watching...


No comments:

Post a Comment