We go through the day, each day, seeing many things. Some stimulate us but most do not as they are lost in our busy lives. With my images I am trying to get you, the viewer, to experience some kind of emotion or feeling through them. Just for a moment I want you to get lost and actually be in the photograph rather then viewing it from an emotional distance.

I realize that this occurs only rarely, however I feel it is worth it....

Each image reflects how I see and view the world that we occupy. I hope you enjoy them!

Monday, October 17, 2011



Mountainside



When standing in front of a beautiful scene it can be difficult to clearly determine "what is this a picture of".  In mountainside -  is it a photo of a mountain top, a vast expanse, clouds or a tree.  In many way it is all of them however there was most likely one element or "hook" that initially attracted you. Exploit that hook, build around it an an attempt to have your viewer come back the the very item you were attracted to in the first place.
When I first saw this view I was very attracted to the one healthy tree growing on a mountainside however the sky was clear and thus it all looked rather boring.  Coming back later the clouds were gathering and after waiting awhile this cloud formation complimented the tree and the scene. It now it had the drama I felt when I first discovered the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment